Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Some of the dumb things my kids fight about

Gerry:"My head is bigger than yours"
Abera:" No, my bigger"


Abera "Brandon, you a machina (meaning car)
Brandon (crying hysterically) "I'm not a machina- You're grumpy!"

We ran into one of Gerry's old preschool teachers at school. As we drove home the fight went as follows:
Brandon "Miss D is my teacher"
Gerry "No, she was my teacher:
Brandon (once again crying and screaming) NOOO she's my teacher!!! (maybe next year she will be his teacher-God help her.)

Samantha "Abera's a poopy, baby, diaper head"
Abera "You grumpy"
Samantha "You grumpy poopy baby diaper head"

The good news is that most of these fights stay verbal fights. Just a few weeks ago, silly argument like these would have ended in a WWF-style cage match- especially between Abera and Gerry. They seem to be getting used to each other and dont' have to resort to physical fighting to solve all there problems. I hope I don't jinx myself-today was a really good day.


Also, here's how it went putting Samantha to bed tonight.

Walking out of her bedroom the first time: " Mommy, I have to pee"

2nd time out: " Mommy, I have to go poopies" (she didnt really have to go)

3rd time out: "Mommy, I throw up (she pretended to but didn't really have to- she gets sick alot and for a while, we would let her stay in our bed after she got sick. Now she thinks if she throws up, she'll get to stay in our bed

4th time out: "Mommy, I love you"

5th time out: "Mommy, I need more water" after I gave her more she said "Aww mommy, you so nice to me, thank you so much"

6th time out: "Mommy, I go to sleep now-see you later"

And she did go to sleep-Thank God!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL! So cute. I need to start writing things down too.