Saturday, August 2, 2008

Nothing in Particular

Abera is learning English so fast. And it's cute to hear his little accent-although that is getting less noticable lately. There are a couple of funny words that come out because of his accent.

The first is how he says 'ridiculous'. This is what he said to Gerald the other day, "Daddy, you so dikless" :)

He likes to eat 'slimy' (salami)

And speaking of speech problems. I cant' roll my r's and in Ethiopia they are rolled. Unfortunately I can't properly say Abera's name because of that. Abera thinks it's hilarious that I can't roll my r's and today we were playing around - I was trying to say his name with a rolled r (and failing miserably). And he was just cracking up. Finally, he got up and said, "mommy, I think you need new batteries" LOL

Today, Brandon fell asleep on the landing of our stairs (he usually doesn't nap so this was unusual). While he was sleeping he kept saying "oreo cookies, oreo cookies" I guess he was hungry.

We went out last night to dinner and a movie (Stepbrothers-wasnt' that impressed. Why does every comedy out there lately have to use the R word!!!-that wasn't the only reason I wasn't impressed. It just wasnt' that funny. There were some good parts but mostly really crude humor).

1 comment:

Shea said...

Abera sounds so cute! Good luck learning to roll your r's!