Monday, July 28, 2008

Annoying People

First of all, sorry for no pictures lately. I don't have batteries for my camera. Don't worry I'm going to Target tomorrow and I'll pick us some then (surprise!!! I'm going to Target!)

So today we are at the library. It took forever to get everyone out of the house so it was really close to lunch by the time we got there. We were going to redeem our coupons from the summer reading program to get the last prize. It started off bad because the lady there said they weren't doing prizes for coupon #3-the names would be put in drawing for some gift certificates. I think they were running low on prizes and had to institute this little change. I was prepared for the worst- a major meltdown- because that was the only way I could get them out the door today, by saying over and over again "lets get going to the library so we can get our toys!" Miraculously, no meltdowns. I think they were in shock and it didnt' sink in right away that there were no prizes.

So today I actually wanted to get a book for myself so we had to go upstairs to the 'grown up' part of the library that is really, really quiet. I was sweating bullets as we headed up those stairs. My kids (especially Samantha and Abera) have no 'indoor voices'. I finally find the call number for my book and Brandon starts losing it and whining loudly about how his shoes hurts him. He starts saying he needs a bandaid. And wanted me to take the one off of his arm to put on his foot. So I stop and this librarian is just standing there staring at us. She finally asks if I needed a bandaid and I said no, he has an extra (cause the one from his arm was just for show-he didnt' really have a boo boo there-he just likes bandaids). She proceeds to tell me in a very snooty voice that the problem was he had to left shoes on. And the shoes dont' match. Well duh, lady. You think I didn't know that. (well actually that has happened before where I didnt' know but whatever...) I really wanted to just get my book and get downstairs to the kids part of the library. So I quickly said (which was true) , " I know they're the wrong shoes, he insisted he wear these before we left the house. I figured he would learn his lesson and let me pick out his shoes next time" I was polite about it, I promise. I swear above, she just stood there and stared at me with her mouth wide open. Oh come on, is it that horrible that the boy had 2 different shoes on and both the left feet. She didnt' say another word-just stared. I got my book and down the stairs we went.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some people are so annoying. I think letting him experience how uncomfortable 2 left shoes are was a great natural consequence. She probably doesn't have any kids. If she does, I'm sure they've always been perfectly behaved and she's been the perfect mother. ;)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making me laugh! I suppose it's better to have two left shoes than two left feet;)
-Diana