Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Beach-warning this post gets gross





OMG-It's been almost a month since I posted last. Is anybody still out there. I know I give up checking out people's blog if they don't bost all the time - oh well. And I have no excuse now that I'm temporarily unemployed. We went to the beach last week (or the week before) -all the days seem to run together lately. The kids had fun. Poor Abera gets to see the beach for the first time and he ends up with a fever of 103. Luckily it was just a 24 hour thing and had no other symptoms. He did throw up on the drive up but I think it was nerves/motion sickness. I don't think he really knew what was going on. He knew we were going to the beach and had seen picturs of the beach and he knew everyone was excited but he seemed really mellow. At first I thought he was scared but in retrospect maybe it was the fever. Luckily he didnt' get sick in the car. We had stopped for a potty break and as soon as we got out he got sick all over the sidewalk. Kindof embarrassing but after living with Samantha for 6 yrs you get used to public vomiting..............which reminds me...fast forward a few days. We are at the beach, uptown on 96th street. We had just had pizza and were at Springers going to get ice cream (yeah Springers). Well, Samantha was really excited about the ice cream and you all know what Samantha does when she's really excited about food. Yup, she puked all over the sidewalk. Luckily I was inside getting the ice cream so Gerald had to deal with it. He made it to the side of the building besides Springers and The WaWa so at least it wasnt' right in front of the place. Oh and did you know that seagulls will eat chuncks of food that have come back up. Yes, those scavengers were happy to eat Sam's vomit. NASTY


The weather was great. It would have been perfect if B hadn't been sick still. It just wasnt' the same without Grandma and Grandpa and Uncle B and family. But the other cousins were there and Uncle J and M.


Enjoy the pics and from now on I am going to post every other day. Even if just a quick note without any pictures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FYI..Yes, you still have readers reading your blog. I really enjoy your blog...your kids remind me of mine (three kiddos one year apart...sigh)! Keep posting...I always can relate.

Stephanie

Shea said...

I'm still here. I check all my blogs daily and look forward to the pics of your adorable kiddos!