Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I have a new job!

Well, I started my new job on Monday. So far it's all been orientation and such. I"m actually getting more excited about this new job. If anyone doesn't know, I"m going back into nursing after a 7yr break. After nursing school 10yrs ago, I worked 3 yrs at a county Health Dept. I loved that job but had an opportunity to work from home after Samantha was born. Unfortunately that opportunity was gone as of last July and since we need the money, I have been forced to return to nursing. I would have loved to go back the the Health Dept but seeing as I have 4 kiddies at home and the health dept pay stinks, I would have lost money due to daycare. So now I am getting trained at a hospital to work on an oncology floor. It is a far stretch from the health dep. A big learning curve, but I am part of a long-term training program, so I'll be in good hands. I will be working 3 nights a week and my mom and sister will be helping to watch Brandon and Abera so I can nap a little during the days after I work. I"m going to try and work mostly weekends.

Bad news is I have to train on days. I wasn't given any concrete info on how long the day training would be. I was thinking it would be 4 weeks of days but I found out this week that I will be working days for 9 whole weeks. We are in the process of finding temporary daycare for the kids until I go on my night shifts. We mostly need someone to watch the kids from 6:30am until they get dropped of at school at 9:15 am. This daycare stuff can get confusing.

1 comment:

Shea said...

I hope you like it!