Saturday, February 23, 2008

Introducing Abera

Sorry this took so long. This is our beautiful new son!!!
We've been trying to keep ourselves busy while we're waiting for a travel date. I started making lists. I bought some clothes and jammies for Abera and a little backpack for him to take on the plane ride home. I bought some great Ethiopian books from www.ethiopiareads.org and a CD of Ethiopian children's music. We have a bed but not a mattress -that's our mission for tomorrow. We put his carseat in the van (it was a great excuse to clean that thing out). Gerry is officially moved to the 3rd row with Samantha (they were holding hands the other day in the car). Right now Brandon is all alone in the 2nd row. He was upset at first because he wanted to sit in Abera's carseat but I told him he was too small for that seat (kind of a white lie)-eventually he gave up. I still need to buy some stuff to keep him busy on the plane (playdough, coloring books)-I'd love any other suggestions. It's a looong plane ride.

2 comments:

Casey said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you and can't wait to meet Abera!
I found a book you might want to check out... about traveling with kids (you might have to cut and paste link) http://www.leapsandbounds.com/
catalog/product.jsp?productId=
197755&parentCategoryId=85191
&categoryId=85259&subCategoryId=86269
Please let us know if we can do anything to help you get ready.

:)
casey

Anonymous said...

Yes, I have been waiting for a pic. He is beautiful. An etcha sketch and magnadoodle would be fun. Those little ring toss games that float in water(do you know what I mean?) are loads of fun for every kid I've seen with one(we give the pocket ones out at the clinic and they are a big hit, cheap too). My husband ssures me that all boys love transformers. You know something else that would be neat? Get together a bunch of happy meal toys and take one out every so often. You can buy them for about a buck at the fast food places. Good luck on your trip

Shea01
downsyn.com