Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Sam's visit to the cardiologist

Samantha had her first follow up visit since her heart procedure last July. The doc said she no longer has a murmur and is "discharged from cardiology service"!!!!! Boy, that was a surprise. I was pretty sure everything was OK but I expected her to say she wanted to see her in a couple of years for a check up - but Sam is no longer a cardiology patient. She did say if she ever develops a murmur again, she should be evaluated because there is a 1 in 800 chance that something could happen. Honestly, the boys were being very bad at that point and I didn't really get what she said could happen - something about an obstruction. It didn't really matter to me as long I understand that it would present as a murmur and she would need to be seen again at that point. And no more antibiotics needed for the dentist. Sam wouldn't lay down for the echocardiogram so I had to bribe her with 'taco bell' and chips. It worked and Sam was an angel and she had her taco bell for lunch.

Is it Feb 18th yet??????? 12 more days!!!!! (hopefully)

No comments: