Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Day's Getting Better!

I found out today that our court date is set for February 18th. The case is heard in the ET courts and we will be issued a birth certificate around 2-3weeks after that. Once the birth certificate has been issued I will travel 3weeks later. So we're still hoping for early April, maybe the very end of March. I'm still trying to take in all the news from earlier today. I was still hoping that birth family meetings would be back by the time I traveled, but our rep said that would not happen any time soon, if ever again. It's all a lot to take in, but at least everything is moving along with our case. It's going to be a long few weeks. January and February are always the longest months of the year to me - and now it's going to seem really slow.

2 comments:

Leah Spring said...

Oohhh a COURT DATE! That is a big, important step! I'm sorry you won't be able to meet this little guy's family. Still...before you know it your little guy will be in the arms of his new family!

Christina said...

Yes - Now we are most certainly travelling together. I just loved the TP post - and agree about letting kids be kids. We are so close now you can feel it!!!!